New York is a busy place to live in and one of the most expensive city you all know that. But living in this city is like pride. What will you not get here in New York? Crowded people, thousands of colorful shops, busy roads and light, business opportunities, study, traveling and so on. Overall, a luxurious and busy life.
As you opt to stay an expensive city, you have to spend some extra bit of your money. In contrast, you will get the taste of expensive life and color. With just one click you can get rooms for rent in New York from our search option.
Search Box Goes Here
What You Will Get
Buildings of New York City offers you great city views. We can tell you some of the common things you will get if you are in search of rooms for rent. Firstly, you will get digital security in all most all of the apartment in New York City.
Then comes the parking space which is a must-have addition to a room rent. Most of the room rent comes with free Wi-Fi. This will help if you are a student or a techy person.
If you are a little lazy, you can get a washing machine, coffee machine and newspaper services with an extra bit of your money. In addition, you can find many of the apartment in New York with in-house restaurant facility. So, you do not need to go outside of your accommodation every single time.
All most all of the places in New York is expensive. If you really face a budget problem, we would like to suggest you find a hostel. The hostels of New York has perfect rooms for a student. But it’s true, you have to sacrifice luxurious accommodation.
Most of the students in New York search cheap rooms for rent in Brooklyn. You can give a try if you are a student. And the most expensive rooms are in Manhattan where the Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Empire state building, Times Square are situated. Manhattan is a place for tourists and businesspersons. So, if you are one of them and have enough money for your accommodation, our suggestion for you to get a room or apartment in Manhattan.
You can also find some rooms in New York with room service and cook service facility. Amazed, right? But it’s true. Some of the rent includes this facility but that costs a lot. Anyway, if money is not that matter to you, find this type of room and get a great living life in New York.
Besides, there are affordable rooms for rent in NYC also. But the room owners won’t provide you luxurious living space. Security is comparably low and the maintenance is bad. But do not worry much as it’s New York, guys. The term low or bad in here is just a comparison. And budget doesn’t mean low quality here. You will just a little bit less with your budget money. That’s all.
Furnished Rooms vs Non-Furnished Rooms
All most every of the room rent includes furnished rooms. But we have seen many places where you can find a room without any furniture. If you love to decorate by yourself a lot, you can go with that. But we recommend you to choose the furnished room rent as it includes no hassle and gives you comforts and no transportation cost for shifting the furniture to the apartment to apartment.
So, what you will get from a furnished room? In New York here, you will see that maximum owner provides you well-furnished room. You will get a comfortable bed with side tables, (ample closet most of the time), well-decorated bathrooms, cube shelving for storage, painted walls and trim, kitchen appliances and sometimes, sky view.
But there are some restrictions you may face for security reason. Such as no entry after 12 am, lite cook after 11 pm, No party at night etc.
Most of the room rent includes some extra services like a washing machine, newspaper service, 24-hour front desk concierge service etc. These are the common services of every room in New York.
Rooms for rent in New York neighborhoods
Neighborhoods in Manhattan
- In Washington Heights, you will find rooms with an average of approximately $2,190 per month. Here, you’ll find Highbridge Park, Fort Washington Park, and Fort Tryon Park for your relaxation.
- East Harlem neighborhood has approximately $2,285 of average monthly rent. The commuter time is only 17 minutes. For foods and booze, you can check out Taco Mix, Don Paco Panaderia, Patsy’s Pizzeria, ABV Wine Bar, and Da Capo.
- Hamilton Heights is another lucrative place to stay and it’s got rooms for rent with an average of approximately $2,395 per month. Hudson river will take away all of your sorrows.
Neighborhoods in Brooklyn
- Crown Heights comes with the famous Prospect Park, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn Children’s Museum, and the Jewish Children’s Museum. The rent is approximately $2,345 per month.
- Bedford-Stuyvesant has rooms for approximately $2,400 and the commuter time is approximately 28 minutes.
- If you want all the advantages with a little less rent, Prospect Lefferts Gardens is for you. Here, average room rent is approximately $2,140 per month which is less than others.
Neighborhoods in Queens
- All Neighborhoods in Queens got cheaper rooms than Manhattan and Brooklyn. Choose Jackson Heights, Sunnyside, or Woodside, you’ll get rooms for around $1950 and it’s totally worth it. The transportation is satisfactory. So, if you’re a student or job holder, you’ll have no problem with communication.
It might be beneficial for you if watch a video on how to find rooms/apartments/flats.
We have categorized the rooms in terms of services, budget or expensive, places and accommodation value. Check out our full directory or simple browse rooms by category and find your best-suited room. With our help and a little bit of assistance from Roomster, we’re sure that you’ll find no problem finding rooms for rent in New York.